Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, July 12, 2008

The exciting life of Jason and Kellie

Hello everyone! This past weekend I was told by several members of my family that I do not do a good job of keeping my blog up to date, so here is an update...
Let's start with two weekends ago when Jason and I traveled up to Tulsa to see "Phantom of the Opera". I love "Phantom" and this performance was amazing! Jason's parents bought us tickets last Christmas and our seats were great. I have never seen the show live before and this was truely a treat for me. We went with Jason's brother Eric and his girlfriend, Cassidy. Afterwards we enjoyed a wonderful meal at "The Green Onion".
When the show and dinner were both over, we went to Catoosa to Les and Donna Young's annual 4th of July celebration (one week early, but who cares!). There we visited with friends and family and watched fireworks. They also had a birthday cake for Jason. (Jason's 26th birthday was the next day.) It was great seeing everyone and the firework show was beautiful. We brought Sadie with us and she behaved so well. The fireworks didn't seem to bother her one bit.
After such a fun (and long) weekend we came home to find out on Monday that Jason got the promotion he had been wanting the entire month! How exciting! This promotion is HUGE for him and for us. He has now moved into a new sales department which is a new experience for him. Jason has requested that everyone prays he makes his quota! It has gone up by a significant amount. Anyway, this new position guarantees an 8-5 schedule and no more weekends. He also gets every holiday off and his deparment shuts down for a week at Christmas time. :) Last, but not least, this new position comes with a generous pay raise. This is just another one of God's amazing provisions for us while we pay off debt and work towards the chance for me to be a stay at home mom someday.
You would think that after all of this fun and excitement that I would be too tired for anything else, but I couldn't have been more excited for the next weekend: our trip to California!!!! We had not been back since we moved a year ago. We flew in on Friday, July 4th. Our plane left Tulsa at 6am central time and landed at 10am pacific time. We then went to have lunch with my parents at Mimi's Cafe in Gilroy. I was so excited to get the chance to see my father. I thought that he was going to be the one person I was not going to be able to see. After lunch, my dad left and Mom, Jason and I went to visit our firends Chris and Melissa and we met their adorable little girl, Hannah, for the first time. We met so many beautiful baby girls and this trip that Jason is now more determined than ever to get me pregnant. It would be so great to have a little girl, the Nickels family is full of little boys... We then went to Aunt Julie and Uncle Jim's house for a cook out. Uncle Jim's ribs were amazing!
Saturday Jason and I traveled to Santa Cruz to attend the wedding of one of our close friends, Gavin. The wedding was beautiful and Rebecca, Gavin's bride, was stunning. We had so much fun visitng with old friends. After the wedding we traveled to San Jose where we stayed with our best friends Jeff and Christina. We have missed them so much!! It was great to get to spend quality time together.
Sunday was family day. I have missed the Hansen family get togethers. We grilled burgers and watched the Wimbleton men's final, go Nadal!! It was so relaxing and so nice to be back with everyone again. Jason and I are looking forward to seeing them all again in December for my sis, Lacey's wedding.
Monday we flew home. :( We left San Jose at 9am pacific time and landed in Tulsa at 6:45pm Central time. We picked up the pup and drove home. We arrived in OKC around 10pm. I then went to work the next morning. (Lucky Jason had one more day of vacation!)
This weekend we have had nothing to do, which has been great because I now finally feel like I have recouped from the past couple of weeks. I think tonight we are going to go see "The Incredible Hulk". Well, there really is nothing more to report. I wish I had pics to share with all of you, but I am the absolute worst at remembering to take pictures.

No comments: