I guess it has been a while since I posted on our blog. I am starting to feel better now, so I guess this is a good time to write and let everyone know my progress.
I think, considering the circumstances, that I am doing rather well. I took a nap today and I actually slept on my side! I was very excited about that and last night I managed to stay in my own bed until 2am, which is another big improvement. I am still in pain, but I am taking my pain killers less frequently. :) I have also found clothes that do not bother my incision. My neighbor was kind enough to let me borrow some pants and skirts that sit at my waist, so now I feel like I can go out in public without wearing my sweats. I am going out in public more often now too. It started on Wednesday with a late night run to Starbucks. Granted, we never left the car, but I still got out of the house. Saturday Jason and I went to breakfast and then looked around some shops for some clothes. We also went over to a friends apartment for an hour or so. I did not really do much today. I find that when I do a lot one day I tend to be very tired the next. I did cook dinner though. I have one more week at home for sure. I see my doctor on Thursday and I should get a time frame for when I will be able to somewhat get back to my normal life.
I've started to think about my life recently and how blessed I am to still be living it. How amazing the circumstances of the last couple weeks have been and how they all worked out in such a way that ended up saving my life. So many things could have gone so wrong and even though I do not like to dwell on them, they serve as a reminder to how wonderful God is. I am almost filled with this anticipation of what God is going to do next. How God is going to use me in the future. I don't know what is going to happen. I don't know why this happened. I still struggle with it and I am sure I will for a while, but out of all of it, I cannot ignore God's protection in it. I know I haven't learned everything that God is going to teach me out of all of this, but I think I have learned a little. I have so much to be grateful for and so much to look forward to.
I want to thank everyone for their prayers. Without them, I do not know what I would do. I love all of you with all my heart. Please know that even though this has been incredibly hard, I am doing well. Please keep me in your prayers and Jason too. He has been so strong for me that I know he is tired. Thank you again. :)

1 comment:
Kellie, I am so glad that you are making it through this with such a strong attitude. You will for sure be an inspiration to many. I am looking forward to seeing you on Thursday!
Post a Comment