Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beautiful Day

Each year, our church, Westgate, participates in Beautiful Day. They close down Saturday and Sunday services to take the church to the streets. Several projects are put together such as cleaning the streets, feeding the homeless, restoring neighborhoods and giving blood. This year, Jason and I decided we would give blood. The church offers childcare and the blood drive was set up in the Worship Center, so it made it really easy for us to participate.
Jason gives blood on a somewhat regular basis, at least he did when working for Dell in OKC. He is the universal donor, which makes him pretty popular.
I haven't given blood in a very long time (high school). I was nervous, but wanted to participate in a beautiful day activity, so I summoned the courage to go. I have small veins that roll, so me and needles do not agree most of the time. This time, however; went really well. I had a wonderful nurse who was able to get the needle in first try. I finished in less than 14 minutes.
I am so happy that we decided to do this. It felt great knowing that our donation could help save a life and it helped my fear of needles. :)

Jason took this picture of me as proof. :)

1 comment:

Karyn said...

Yay Yay hiphiphooray! You know this makes me glad. :)