Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Lunch with Jesus


I read a blog post last night titled "A Day in the Life..." This post detailed the daily life of another stay-at-home mom for one day. I really enjoy reading what other moms do. It is nice to get ideas and to know that I am not the only mom who loves nap time and feeds their child practically the same thing for breakfast every morning. (If any of you are wondering, Maddie eats scrambled eggs, fruit and milk.)

One daily routine in this mom's life, I have decided to copy. Every lunch time she makes the kids thier lunch and then sits down to eat with them and reads them a story out of "The Jesus Storybook Bible". Jason and I love this Bible. We first heard about it at the New Parent Commitment Dinner at HHBC. We went out the next week and bought one for Maddie. I read it to her a lot when she was little, but now that she is mobile it is hard to find a time when she will sit long enough for me to read her a story. Lunch time is perfect!

Most days, lunch time consists of me making sure that Maddie is eating and not making a huge mess or throwing her food. It can be rather stressful. Today, I made lunch (pb&j sandwiches, raisins, orange juice, and the last oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for dessert) and sat down with Maddie to read. I had such a great time! Maddie sat happily eating while I read. While she still had pb&j all over her face, she did not throw a single thing and most of the time she was smiling! What a great way to spend lunch! After the success of today, I will definitely be continuing this daily lunch time routine. I will even try to change up the menu every now and then. ;)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Janet McGee said...

Sounds like a smashing success!