Time is going by so fast! I cannot believe that in less than 2 weeks Maddie and I will be in Ca and Jason and our good friend Trey will be on the road headed for Ca.
Boxes now cover every room of our home except for Maddie's room and our garage is full of items for our garage sale coming up on the 22nd and 23rd. (Yes, I remembered to get the permit.) I think we are doing rather well on the packing front. The kitchen is almost completely packed except for Maddie's cups, bowls, and utensils as well as some pots and pans and a sandwich maker so we still have the option of cooking at home. We have packed up all of the plates, bowls, cups, and silverware and have swapped them out for the paper/plastic variety.
Curtains and pictures are coming off the walls and as I look around, I wish I would have done more with the house while we lived here. I think the next house we buy, we will make it a point to make it ours from the very beginning. While painting the living room a month ago, Jason and I made the comment, "I wish we had done this years ago!" Next time, we won't wait so long.
Although I am completely excited about this new chapter in our lives, I have to admit I am sad to be leaving this house. It is our first house. It is the house we brought Maddie home to. I took so much time in decorating her nursery to make sure it was perfect. There are a lot of memories here. We will also miss the neighborhood and the people. We have some great neighbors and we will miss them very much. I guess technically, we are not leaving this house completely behind yet. We will still own it, but it will be home to our renters. I am just so grateful that we were able to call this beautiful home ours for these past 3 years.
I am very excited about the opportunity we have to make our home in California. I cannot wait to see what is in store. I know that one day in the not-so-distant future, we will be moving into a new home. What an exciting day that will be! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment