Ok, I'm struggling. I was doing so well on Weight Watchers, but all of the sudden this week I am starving!! I don't understand. Also, I have been keeping track of my points and it looks like I have gained weight this week. How? Now, I really don't understand. Jason says to not worry and think about my weight loss in the scheme of a month rather than a week. Do any of my friends have tips for a girl with the lowest amount of points given in a day?
3 comments:
I say if your body is hungry, feed it. Just feed it things that are good and practically point-less (veggies, fruit, whatever). If you feel like your starving, you aren't going to succeed, because it isn't sustainable and you panic and binge and all that jazz. Baby carrots are my answer to munchies... and if you go over on points a day or two, who cares? You're eating something healthy and your body is asking for it and it's a heck of a lot better than getting to the point where you scream "screw this give me cake!!!" in the middle of the grocery store or something. :) Also good if you're a salt AND sweet craver like me - fresh spinach cooked with the teeniest bit of olive oil (healthy fat!), fresh garlic, a little salt, a little pepper, and some un-sugar coated raisins (we get the white ones in the bulk section at the store)... takes 2 minutes and is salty and sweet at the same time and satisfying in tiny doses. You can get away with very few raisins... I think grapes might have a higher point value, but I don't really know much. :)
Praying for you, lovely, and totally believe in you guys. Weight loss plateaus mean that it's real weight going away, not just water. It's a good thing!!! And don't compare yourself to the man. Men are annoyingly good at dieting. They lose 10lbs a week just by cutting out french fries. Stupid muscle mass. ;)
love.
I have been really hungry too. I agree with Karyn, we just have to eat more and more veggies and fruit. I usually eat a bag of carrots a day and the other day I ate half of a pineapple and half a watermelon! Broccoli and cauliflower with hummus is super yum and low points. laughing cow cheese is also low and yummy. i am still learning this whole points plus system. I lost a lot the first week and then 2 more last week, but am struggling big time this week. Are you dipping into your extra points? I usually spread them out over the week. Lets get together and find recipes and good snack ideas. I have the WW cookbook. :)
I would suggest getting online and talking to other online members to see what they suggest. Also, you might go into a meeting and ask a leader about it. I know that once you reach your goal and are in maintenance they increase your points, so it may be that you need to add a few points at this point.
Post a Comment