Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Oh how I have missed California Rain

I know this may sound weird. Rain is rain anywhere, right? Well, that is not entirely true.

I love the sound that rain makes outside my window. It is so soothing to me. It has been awhile since I have been able to truly enjoy this sound. Living the last three years in OK, I have developed a new love for the rain we get here in Ca. You see, in OK rain can be met with the fear of ice, thunderstorms, or possibly tornado watches. I remember lying in bed in our house during the Spring wondering if I would ever be able to fall asleep to the sound of rain again. It is sad, I know, but rain always brought just a tiny bit of fear into my mind while we lived in the Midwest. Many Oklahomans thought I was crazy or paranoid, but I just couldn't shake the feeling. Maybe if we had stayed in OK I might have been able to fall asleep to rain eventually, but in the few short years we were there, the weather never became something familiar to me. Maybe I would have started looking at ice, thunderstorms and tornadoes the same way I look at earthquakes. Who knows? (By the way, many Oklahomans think I am crazy for thinking earthquakes are not that scary, but fun.)

All of this to say, I have enjoyed the rainy weather we have been having the past couple of days. I can once again fall asleep to the sound of rain outside my window. I haven't been feeling well the past couple of days and this rain is almost comforting. Funny, huh? I am glad to be home. :)

No comments: