* I missed day 3 due to being sick. :-(
Last night was a first for me. I came home and didn't try anything I made. It was not because I didn't want to, though. It was because I was completely stuffed! The culinary students are cooking "family style" meals right now, which means they provide dinner for the entire school. Last night was Italian. We had green salad, bruschetta, spaghetti and meatballs, two different types of penne pasta, and lasagna. I grabbed a little bit of everything and it was delicious! Then a little later we went to visit the pastry 2 class's buffet. They had mini desserts spread out buffet style: eclairs, cream puffs, swans, macarons, pies, tarts, strudel, chocolate candies, chocolate teacups with cream, and some other tasty treats. We all grabbed plates and enjoyed! So you see, by the time I got home there was no way I could eat another bite. :-)
Class was pretty laid back last night. We made danishes, kaiser rolls, english muffins, pizza dough and oatmeal raisin bread dough. Both the pizza dough and oatmeal raisin bread dough will be used on Friday. We learned last night that we have a final on Monday. This unit went by so fast! Guess what I will be doing this weekend?? Yup! Baking bread. :-)
Pictures:
Kaiser Rolls
English Muffins (I actually had on this morning toasted with butter and it was pretty good.)
Cinnamon Danishes

No comments:
Post a Comment