Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bread Final

Last night was my bread final. I was really nervous going into it. I wasn't sure I could fit everything in considering bread dough needs to proof. Bread is a lot of hurry up and wait. I actually finished a lot earlier than I thought I would. I still made a rookie mistake though, I took my croissants out too soon. They ended up not being fully baked. It was hard to figure out the bake time of everything. I baked them longer than what the recipe called for, but since the oven had been opened so many times by everyone in the class, they didn't bake like they should have. Chef didn't count me off too much for it though. I actually did rather well. He gave me two 10s and an 8 (the eight is due to the croissants).


Bread final waiting to be graded.

Pain de Mie
(I am very excited to make French toast with this.)

Croissants
(They are too pale. I should have noticed, but for some reason I didn't.)

Brioche a Tete

Apple Crumb Bread
(The recipe is actually for Banana Crumb Bread, but the school didn't have bananas. We all had to change our plans last minute. Chef told us to use apples and to saute them. The bread is really good. Next time I'm going to add some cinnamon to the batter.)

No comments: