Day one of petit fours was interesting. Everything seemed pretty simple, but not everything turned out quite right. The hazelnut financiers stuck in the molds and would not come out well and the tuiles d'amandes burned somewhat and then hardened faster than we could shape them. I got a few good ones for the sake of the pictures. :-) We also made raisin cookies, which taste very strongly of rum due to the rum and powdered sugar glaze on top. There is so much more to petit fours than I previously thought. Friday we are making macarons. I am excited about learning how to make these from Chef Alex. My chef instructor owns his own macaron company: L'Artisan Macarons. His macarons are delicious. Of course we will not be using his recipes, but that's ok. :-)
Last night after school Jason upgraded my iPhone to the new operating system, so unfortunately I lost my pictures. I called Jason this morning and he was able to get pictures of what was left after bringing everything to work. Thanks babe!

Top: Financiers Aux Noisettes (Hazelnut Financiers)
Bottom: Tuiles D'Amandes (Almond Tuiles)

Palets Aux Raisins Sec (Raisin Cookies)

No comments:
Post a Comment