Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Today

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness." Hebrews 3:13

One thing that struck me about this passage is its emphasis on "Today". So many times I focus on simply surviving the day and making it to tomorrow. I borrow trouble. I worry about what may happen months down the road. I rarely stop to think about Today.
One thing I am learning is that this relationship and walk with God requires a daily commitment. I need to study His Word daily. (It is amazing the difference in my day when I do.) I also need to focus on more than just me. I need to focus on Him. I want to draw closer to him everyday so that my desires reflect His desires for my life. I want to be a woman after God's own heart.
Today, I long to hear His voice. Today, I want to be an encouragement to others. Today, I want to walk by faith. I am not going to borrow trouble. I am going to focus on the tasks in front of me. I am going to be joyful Today. I am going to look for God's blessings Today and I am going to look for ways to bless others. Today.

2 comments:

Chris and Karen said...

You already have - blessed me today! You are awesome and I love you.

Janet McGee said...

You truly are a woman after God's own heart!