Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, June 10, 2011

Thank Goodness it is FRIDAY! :-)

I am so looking forward to the weekend. Best part? I don't think we have plans.

Anyway, today is a good day for 2 other reasons.

First, I have had a break through today! I had been struggling with an issue for quite some time now and recently God kept bringing it up. It was always coming into my mind and I had mixed emotions of anger, hurt, and honestly annoyance that I kept thinking about it. Today, though, I had a conversation that broke through the wall I had built up around my heart. God used my mom to speak to me and get me to see things in a way I had never even thought of. (Which now to me seems rather silly. I can't believe I didn't see it before. Maybe I just didn't want to see it.)

The conversation was blunt and honest and loving and frustrating and, best of all, freeing. Thank you, Mom, for always being there when I need you and for being tough and loving all at the same time. I love you!

Thank you, God, for breaking through my stubborn heart. I heard you clearly today as the light bulb went off in my head. I heard the loving voice of my Father who showed me He knew me, He loved me and that He was so excited to move a heavy burden from my shoulders and free me.

Secondly, today is a good day because it marks the one week countdown to culinary school! Yay! I am so excited and yet I am so scared. It is like butterflies in my stomach before a show in high school all over again. Those butterflies are kinda reassuring though. They always came before I did something exciting, something I loved. I can't wait for this new chapter in my educational journey and I will be sure to keep all of you updated as I dive into the art of pastry making!

No comments: