This weekend, Jason, Maddie and I went down to the Central Coast to spend time with my parents and so my parents could watch Maddie while Jason and I had some alone time. We all had a wonderful weekend. We spent Saturday with my parents and some friends playing games and eating the tarts I had made the evening before at school. Sunday morning we all went to church. After church, Jason and I slipped away to see a movie (X-Men: First Class. It was awesome!) and then we headed to Avila Beach. We spent the night at the Avila Village Inn. We loved our hotel. It is nestled away in the mountains and there is an athletic club next door which all hotel guests have access to as well as walking/biking paths and a wonderful market/deli. Our room was so nice. It had a fireplace, large bathroom and a private spa tub on the balcony. Jason and I are definitely going to stay there again.
Our favorite part of the drive down to my parent's house.
Maddie was able to be on-stage during worship team rehearsal. She loved it and even held the microphone up to her mouth and swayed back and forth. (I took a video, but I was singing in the background and it sounds horrible. I was standing right next to the monitors and couldn't hear a thing, so I am really off key.)

Maddie loved playing in the new blow-up pool in my parent's backyard. She spent an hour or so in it Sunday afternoon playing. It was nice for my parents because not only did it keep her entertained, but it also allowed them to get some sun before heading to Shaver Lake for the annual Hansen family camping trip.
This is the balcony of our hotel room with our own private spa. So nice!
The view from the balcony.
The marketplace and deli. They have an awesome tri-tip sandwich. We went back this morning for breakfast too. Yum!
The gazebo on the grounds of the hotel.




No comments:
Post a Comment