Last night was frustrating. We made ladyfingers and not only did I need to make them twice, but when it looked like they finally were going to come out, they were dry and I had to use my classmate's left-overs. However, the cream that went inside that dessert turned out well. The other two desserts that were made last night were not as bad. I had to make the marjolaine with my partner because I didn't have any pre-made dacquoise due to missing class on Friday. That was ok with me because I still had the opportunity to try making it and I think I could do it by myself pretty easily. I don't feel like I missed out. The other dessert is a chocolate genoise cake that everyone started on Friday and finished last night. I was able to start mine and I will finish it on Friday. I was glad I was able to make my chocolate genoise. It is one less thing that I missed from Friday. Once I finish the cake, I will feel like I have "caught up" somewhat. :-)
I really hope we will be done with sponge cakes soon. I do not like them. I am having a hard time with them and it is making class less enjoyable. I need to practice at home. Speaking of practicing, my classmates informed me last night that on Friday Chef told everyone to keep a log of when they practice at home, what they do, and for how long they do it. (For things like piping, he said to practice no longer than 15 minutes.) He will periodically check these logs so we need to keep them on us at all times.
I do not have any pictures for you today. Everything I made last night needs to chill overnight. I will be bringing it home on Friday.

No comments:
Post a Comment