Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cakes Day 5- Culinary School

Last night we made 2 cakes and finished our Charlotte Royale from Friday night. We also learned how to make roses out of marzipan. I practiced today with some fondant I had at home and I think I am really getting the hang of it. I am really enjoying cakes now. I'm not sure how I am going to get everything home on Wednesday because we are making carrot cake, chocolate cupcakes and pecan coffee cake. I will also have the two cakes we made last night that we didn't get to take home because they needed to chill. There will be lots of pictures for my next post!

Here are pictures of the finished Charlotte Royale and my first marzipan rose:


The Charlotte Royale: almond sponge rolled with raspberry jam and cut into discs which are then arranged in a dome and filled with a creme anglais-based bavarian cream. The base is a genoise disc.

My very first marzipan rose.

No comments: