Last night was frustrating. Unfortunately, my cake did not turn out as well as I would have liked it to. Chef was very nice to me though in grading it. I think he takes into consideration how we have done through-out the course too. It is frustrating knowing I have done so much better. My practice cake this weekend is an example of that. O well. At least now it is over and we move onto bread on Wednesday. After breads I believe it is petit-fours and then cakes 2.
It may not look too bad in the photo, but my cake sunk in the middle and the layers I cut kept crumbling. I had to put too much butter-cream on the top to make it level and one of my edges caved. Not my best by far. :-(
My marzipan parchment and roses came out really well. My writing on the other hand... Really bad. Chef said at least it is legible. Not what you want to hear. I don't think he counted me off too much for the writing.
These roses were the only thing I was proud of last night. Chef said they were really nice. He had nothing bad to say about them. Yay!
After our final, we all finished our chocolate-hazelnut mousse cake from the previous week. This cake is pretty and tastes really yummy. I was very happy to be taking it home.
All in all, this section was fun and challenging. I really wish it had ended on a better note. The nice thing is that I know I can do better. Practice makes perfect and I really like practicing cakes.

1 comment:
That chocolate one looks AMAZING!!! You really have the talent for this!
Post a Comment