Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Cakes Day 4- Culinary School

Last night was actually fun. I probably had my best night of cakes so far. I baked and layered a genoise well (it's in the freezer for Monday). I also piped well and the other cakes I baked turned out well too. I felt really good about last night. Maybe I can do this after-all. :-)


Here are pictures of what we finished last night (I say finished because lately everything we bake in class does not get finished until the next class):

Marjolaine cut in half to show layers

Marjolaine

Lemon Cake (the only thing brought home last night that was made from start to finish in class last night)

Chocolate Genoise Cake

Charlotte Russe (ladyfingers bottom and sides- filled with bavarian fruit cream)


In case you are wondering, here are the layers (from top to bottom) for the Marjolaine:

Chocolate Glaze
Dacquoise (baked nut meringue)
Creme Chantilly (sweet whipped cream)
Dacquoise
Praline Buttercream
Dacquoise
Creme D'Or (heavy cream and chocolate, whipped)
Dacquoise
Ganache
Chocolate Genoise

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness. YUM! YUM! YUM!!! The chocolate ones look especially fabulous...probably a good thing I don't live closer to you...you may notice some strange missing pieces of your cakes randomly ;)