Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Cakes Day 7- Culinary School

Last night had a few challenges, but it was still fun. First off, glazing the sacher-torte with fondant was a disaster for me. You can't really tell by the photo, but it is completely lop-sided. At least my writing came out better than I thought it would. The other cake we made is called a Dobos Torte which is layered dobos sponge and butter-cream. The sponge was very difficult to pipe and we ran out and had to make a second batch, but after everything was baked and built, I got a "very nice" from my instructor. So basically, both cakes had good things and bad things. My favorite has got to be the dobos torte. I had no idea how pretty it would be. We also finished the cupcakes from Wednesday.

Here are pictures:

Sacher-Torte (chocolate sponge layered with apricot glaze and covered in fondant)

Dobos Torte (sponge cake layered with chocolate butter-cream and topped with slices of sponge covered in caramel)

Top of the Dobos Torte

Chocolate Cupcakes

No comments: