Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Day 10- Culinary School

Last night mostly consisted of working with chocolate. The kitchen smelled great all night long. I was a little intimidated at first, but as the night progressed I felt better and better. Ganache is actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. After class, I asked my chef instructor if there was anything in particular that he thought I needed to work on this week for our first test on Monday. He told me to work on everything he had told the rest of the class to work on and that he thought I was doing really well. Yay!

Here is what we made last night:



Tarte au Ganache Chocolat (Chocolate Ganache Tart) I was so nervous about the decorative writing, but I think it turned out ok. The decorative detail is "written" with white chocolate.

Tarte Bavaroise au Chocolat (Chocolate Bavarian Tart)

Pate Sablee (Shortbread Dough) made into Lemon Shortbread Cookies

Unfortunately, last night I lost grip of my carrier while entering the girl's locker room and dropped my tarts. Fortunately, I took all of these pictures in class and the carrier didn't open so I was still able to taste everything. It was just a little messy. :) The chocolate bavarian tart was actually salvageable, but the ganache tart was a crumbled mess. It is probably a good thing we couldn't keep the ganache tart. It was so yummy, I could have I could have eaten the whole thing by myself. ;)

No comments: