Yesterday we celebrated Madison's 2nd birthday with our family and friends princess style! I can't believe my little girl will turn two this week. She is getting so big!
Maddie has been obsessed with princesses lately, so I thought a princess party to celebrate her second birthday would be perfect. (Last year she had a butterfly themed party.) We held the party at my grandparents house. It is a much bigger place than ours with plenty of parking for our guests (which were mostly family). I am so thankful they offered to host!
The party was a great success. We had a lot of fun. It was very laid back. After presents and cake everyone just mingled and the kids played. Maddie was so overwhelmed. Her favorite people all in the same room. She didn't quite know what to do with herself and by the end she was so tired.
As soon as we had decided on a theme for Maddie's party, I started trying to find cake ideas. At first I wanted to make the princess cupcakes featured in Hello Cupcake!, but after a trial run I decided they would take too long to assemble. I decided to keep things simple. (I thought with school the night before that simple would be best.) I found a princess cookie crown cake online and fell in love with it. I baked the sugar cookies and cake in advance and then assembled on Saturday morning with the help of my mom and sister. It turned really well and was a hit at the party.
I am so thankful to all of our friends and family who helped out and came to celebrate with us. It was a special afternoon and I know Maddie LOVED it! :-)
Maddie's princess crown birthday cake.
The table (still missing a few things, but mostly put together).
Opening up presents.
My sister bought her a Snow White princess dress from Disneyland. She looked so cute! (Can anyone guess who she will be for Halloween??)
Getting ready to blow out her candle!

No comments:
Post a Comment