Last night, I had my final for unit 2: pate a choux. It went ok. The written test was not bad, but a little more involved than I thought it would be. I still had a good feeling about passing it though. I don't think I failed. :) The practical exam went somewhat like I thought. I was nervous about it and not quite sure what the outcome would be. I didn't think it would be a breeze and it wasn't. Once again, I made some silly mistakes. I was pretty frustrated with myself. I went to talk to my instructor who assured me I am doing well. He must think I am crazy. (That or I'm too hard on myself. I think maybe it is a little bit of both.) I feel like I do much better in class and at home than what I do on exam day. I just wish sometimes that my finished products for my exams would reflect all that I have learned a little better.
Anyway, now that I am done venting my frustration with my work, I am eager to move on. I start puff pastry on Monday.
I forgot my camera last night so unfortunately I have no pictures to show. I made 10 eclairs and one Paris-Brest.

1 comment:
As time goes by you will become more comfortable about your ability. Remember God is baking in there along side you!
Post a Comment