Last night was actually so much more relaxing than Monday or Wednesday. We had our last full class of ServSafe training (we take our certification test on Wednesday next week). After that, we only had two things to make and the fig newtons only needed to be assembled as we had already made the cookie dough and filling on Wednesday. The only other thing we did was make two more batches of dough that we will be using next week. All in all, it wasn't that crazy.
Here is what we made:
Fig Newtons. They are actually pretty yummy and that is coming from someone who is not really a fan of fig newtons to begin with.
Tarte A L'Oignon (Rustic Onion Tart) I wouldn't really call this a pastry, but I guess it is in our curriculum because of the dough used to make the tart.
** So when I started school, I told myself I would try everything I made. I didn't want to try the onion tart at all, but decided I would stick to what I had said at the beginning, so I did. I'm going to be honest: I spit it out. The caramelized onions, tomatoes, and tart together tasted pretty good, but I couldn't take it when I got a bite of the bleu cheese. I have a great dislike for bleu cheese and the tart seemed to be overpowered by it. If you like bleu cheese, walnuts, tomatoes, and caramelized onion, you might just like this tart. As for me, it was a no go.***

2 comments:
I hope your Chef didn't see you spitting it out :-)
wow, I am proud of you for trying it! I have a great dislike for blue cheese too. YUCK!
Post a Comment