Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Breakfast Breads Day 5- Culinary School

Last night we were informed that it was the last night of breakfast breads. We will be starting cakes on Wednesday! We were scheduled to make 3 different things last night. Actually, I ended up bringing home 5 different goodies. We made a pannetone, pain de mie (white bread), and a brioche fruit tart. We all made more brioche rolls with our extra brioche dough and I baked my left-over danishes that had been in the freezer since last week. My carrier was packed and I still had more to carry! I'm sure it was a funny sight to see me juggle everything on the way to the car last night. :-)

Here are pictures of what I made:

Pannetone

Pain de mie

Danishes

Brioche Apricot Tart

On a side note: Yesterday I completed the first day in my 30 Day Shred Challenge. I am doing this challenge with two of my girlfriends from when I lived in OK, Jessica and Liesl. Jessica's friend Erin has also joined this challenge. All four of us were successful in completing day one. Yay for us! I am REALLY sore this morning. I still plan on doing my workout today during Maddie's nap-time. I am glad I don't have class tonight. Hopefully, I won't be as sore tomorrow. We will see. The last time I tried this DVD it took about 4-5 days for the soreness to lessen. I have to admit I am a little worried that my culinary adventures are going to get in the way of me actually losing weight. I may rethink trying everything I make... My goal is to lose 20 pounds. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mama Jessica said...

you can do it! I am so proud of you!