Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 21- Culinary School

Friday night we did more with puff pastry. We used the inverse puff pastry dough we made on Wednesday to create three different pastries: 2 sweet and 1 savory. We also made a quick puff pastry dough that we are going to use on Monday as well as one classic puff pastry dough that we got to take home with us. My instructor is encouraging us to try and make an extra dough each night, so that we feel more and more comfortable making and working with the dough. We got to use the sheeting machine, which is so much nicer than rolling the dough out by hand. It was definitely intimidating at first, but I got the hang of it. I am really enjoying this unit so far.

Here are pictures of what I made:

Tart Feuilletee (Fruit Strip)

Mille-Feuilles des Forme Ronde (Napoleon)

Bouchee



No comments: