Last night I made another puff pastry dough (Pate Feuilletee Inversee) and used my existing classic puff pastry dough to make a bande de tarte aux fruits (fruit tart/strip) and petite galette aux pommes (petite apple tarts). Chef put me on the spot last night. He kept saying that I was "super fast" and that I should finish before everyone else. The funny thing? I did. I did finish before everyone else. (It must have been the extra pressure.) Maybe him giving me a hard time was just what I needed. It didn't allow me to second guess myself and I felt confident about what I was doing. When I didn't feel confident, I asked questions and then got it done. I left feeling great about what I had done. It had been a while since I had felt that way. :-)
Here are pictures of what I made:
I had to cut the fruit tart to make it fit into my carrier.
Petite Galette aux Pommes
Bande de Tarte aux Fruits

No comments:
Post a Comment