Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 24- Culinary School

Last night we were all surprised when we walked into class and noticed the daily outline for class had different recipes than what we were previously told would be done on that day. The decision had been made to finish out puff pastry instead of taking a small break for breakfast breads. We pulled out our notecards and wrote down our new recipes for class and started to scale. Thank goodness I had made the chocolate puff pastry dough they made in class Wednesday at home and brought it with me. That would have been a disaster. I wouldn't have been able to do anything. Luckily, I brought what I had made and it worked perfectly! It was just as flaky as everyone else's. Yay me!

Also, at the end of the night we were given our scores for our practical exam on pate a choux. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I scored a 90%! The funny thing is that I scored an 84% on my written, so really my score averages out to the same as the first final (I scored a 90% on the written and an 84% on the practical for tarts and cookies).

I have a written exam for puff pastry next week. Hopefully, I will be able to score better on this written than the last one. :-)

Here are pictures of what I made last night:

Mille-Feuilles au Chocolat (Chocolate Napoleon)

Tarte aux Bananes en Chocolat (Chocolate Banana Tart)

We also made Palmiers (palm leaves) out of the chocolate puff pastry dough. Those are pictured above in the first picture.

No comments: