Weight Loss Ticker

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Day 25- Culinary School

Last night we finished out puff pastry. I have a written/practical exam on Wednesday. We have 3 choices to choose from, however, I really only have one choice. The other 2 options available both have an item that they made on the day I missed class. We all made extra dough last night, which is a good thing because Chef added an item to each choice for the practical, so we will need that extra dough. I ended up making 2 extra, which was needed for my practice at home (I already had one dough at home and now I have two).

Last night the items we made were not too difficult, except for maybe the classic Napoleon strip. It is easy until the finishing where you glaze the top with fondant and add a chocolate design. The Napoleon strip is one of the items I will be doing for my final, so we will see how this turns out...

Anyway, here are the pictures of what I made last night:


Napoleon Strip

Dartois aux Pommes (Apple Tart with Lattice) This is another item I will be making on Wednesday.

Mini Bouchee

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Yum! Those look delicious! Good luck on your test today; I'll be thinking of you and saying a prayer for you. I know you'll do great; I believe in you!

Kim Robbie